The first thing to note is the fact that the word “priming” is derived from the German language. “Grund” literally translated from German means “soil” that is the basis. Self priming process is fully in line with their own title, because the main functions of the front wall primer filler – is to prepare the wall to carry out further work with the wall surface.
The next thing you need to know, it’s all the processes of primer, if you need to prime the wall before pasting wallpaper or the beginning of putty, plaster and so on, so in this article you can find out all the details in order to properly and accurately carry out the work with his own hands.
The main task is the primer to the wall in the final results were strong enough, but the surface itself can be used in long-term work to be carried out later. When the wall surface coated with a primer improves adhesion to other layers causing materials, as the penetration of dirt mixture is always abundant, it is able to penetrate into the most difficult places.
In addition, the primer serves as a communication and at the same time as a strengthener, which further contributes to the prevention of various injuries, helps dense to absorb layered construction materials, such as glue for wallpapering, which adheres well, means staining, plasters, or the consistency of putty.
Commits a primer mainly in the final stages of repair work, as she prepares to wall finishing. The consistency of the primer is a wide variety of useful features that are required for high-quality repairs. Useful properties are as antiseptic substances, preventing the formation of fungus or mold contamination, it also provides high-quality adhesion, which is called “adhesion”.
The primer surface or finishing material perfect several times, reduces consumption of finishing materials to a minimum under the conditions of work with the paint.
Types of primers for walls, application and characterization
- So, the first primer – acrylic. It is used for abundant food wall covering, its presence is often required for the stabilization of weak soil foundation. primer structure is fairly small, it was thanks to the consistency of the substance penetrates into the impenetrable zone absorption depth can be up to ten millimeters, after absorbing all the walls are covered with primer polymerizes and produces stable coating with high adhesion.
- At the moment is considered highly popular blend of contact primers that have the appropriate consistency with the acrylic primer type of abundant food, but these properties have such a primer when it is added finely ground quartz sand.
- Furthermore, various kinds of alkyd been created, or else they are called primer oil mixtures. Often, such a mixture is used for standard surfaces, in particular for the coating of wood or metal. It is recommended to use the presented views for working with rust as alkyd primer is not inferior to a specialized dye to restore rust and own properties reproduces the old areas.
- To prime the wooden surface specific primer applied composition including shellac, they are called alcohol. You can use varnish, because it is popular not only because of its existence long enough, and practical work with her. The most qualitative effect is obtained by combining the wall covering with varnish. To use this texture, you first need to heat it to a temperature of about 80 degrees in Celsius.
It is known that all the details of a primer depends on the duration of the design work.
Do the walls of soil before pasting wallpaper, plaster and stucco? Of course!
- Priming the wall of a private house or apartment under the wallpaper. The main rule Wallpapering is a quality primer. If you want to in the future wallpaper looked good and served for a long time, do not forget to prime the walls. The primer also can not be carried out immediately, because the wall previously prepared. First, all abundantly cleaned of old finishing processes. The category of purification fit a situation where you must destroy the old wallpaper, paint, whitewash various other repair materials, then you can see how after treatment appears immediately plural amount of dust and various contaminants, what can not be ignored. Various remnants of dirt that were detrimental effect on wallpapering a wall or ceiling coverings, for wallpapers can stick loosely, and then completely peel off. First, the entire surface is recommended well primed, and then wait until the surface is completely dry. priming process can be carried out using a nappy, velor and foam roller, besides the usual suit with a standard roller brush. For small containers suitable trays or trays, often use conventional bucket, a large role is not playing. Once all the necessary work has been produced, all the tools washed with water. It is important to immediately wash everything, because as soon as the primer is dry, clean the tool is practically impossible.
- Primer wall of the house under the plaster or plaster. Wall surface needs to be primed under conditions further plaster or putty. primer functions in these cases appear to be to be decontaminated and antifungal activity. Priming increases the availability of surface and finishing materials that are in contact with each other more easily. It is in terms of putty or plaster is important that all layers have been abundantly attached to the wall, which gives a guarantee of a primer. To all in the final results was done qualitatively, each layer of putty or plaster must be strongly render over, further priming and final stages to allow time to dry completely. If you do something wrong or not in the correct sequence, by the time there is delamination repair materials from the surface. Self priming process is identical works as a wallpaper.
- Primer painted walls. Under the conditions of application of paint on an old wall covering that has been painted, there is no need to completely remove the old paint, but must factor is the primer. In this situation, the primer will prevent layering and peeling sections of the wall, which will be applied to new material. When it comes to the ceiling or wall sections that were previously filled, or plastered, it is recommended to use the primer at least twice, but each layer must be applied to the previous layer is completely dry. Complete drying helps to ensure that the paint is layered evenly, and material consumption is greatly reduced. Implementation of works under painting requires the same tools and similar equipment that were mentioned earlier in the first and second embodiments.
All work on the practical primer to perform in rubber gloves. The fact that primer texture has a complex chemical composition, it is due to this it becomes a cause of allergic reactions, moreover poorly substance washed from the skin.
Now let’s look at how much time is required to ensure that a mixture of primer is completely dry. The first thing worth noting, on 12-15 square meters cost approximately one liter of primer. Before you decide to put their own material, be sure to check all the features and conditions of use that should be specified on the pack purchased. In the standard packages are often written instructions and all the features of the time required to complete drying. If you use a mixture in which the package is not specified technical processes, the standard range of drying time has been learned in practice. For drying acrylic primer mixture is not necessary to wait long enough for a few hours (3 to 4 hours). For the drying of the oil coating it takes a little longer to wait the recommended time – 24 hours, the same amount of time needed to contact primers.
Another important point is the measurement of humidity, temperature that suits the room prepared for the repairs. With warm temperatures of 25 degrees in Celsius and above, the primer dries more quickly and intensively. But, the humidity also taken into consideration, when excesses 65% humidity from the drying process lasts for two or three times more.