In the initial stages of landing representative bonsai tree does not need a constant process of transplantation, but after the free growth and development, at the age of 12 months – the plant is transplanted. transplanting procedure should be the periodicity of the phenomenon, so for the next five or seven years of bonsai requires annual transplant, and later – a change in two years. Recommended time for grafting – early March – the end of April. The selected spring date is not in vain. The fact is that during the winter interval plant is in a state of mind or even sleep. At this time, bonsai receives the minimum number of components for the rapid growth and development, and eats only those components that support its viability. When the end of the month of low temperatures, the plant begins to absorb more energy and nutrients, which is connected with the arrival of spring. The present time is the least severe for transferring the transplant. The bottom line is in the spring of solar energy, which is required for bonsai in the stressful period transplant. Later miniature tree feels great and is easy to adapt to new conditions. The process of picking, too, is not simple. During the period of the dive must be well to consider the plant to remove all kinds of dying or vredoprinosyaschie roots. It often happens that the miniature trees had diseased roots group, in such a case is required for bonsai soil dirt that contains a high percentage of gravel or crushed stone (before this procedure be sure to carefully examine the submitted sample contraindications Japanese art).
The situation with the injured root system often occur due to excessive irrigation, or large amounts of fertilizer. Now, consider the action of the transplant itself:
- Step one. Before you begin a dive, you need to stop watering the plant to bonsai was easier to remove from the pot in which it grows, and that tree is well cleared of a dirt ground. In order that the soil has dried to a sufficient level, it will be enough to stop watering for a day or two.
- Step Two. Previously sure to prepare everything you need to have all the tools, as they say, “at hand”. The new vessel, which is scheduled to change, you need to carefully wash, rinse, and disinfect (old vessel is not desirable to use), as well as by a new prepare the soil mix, depending on which form of the Japanese question.
- Step Three. It is necessary to drain hole. Its presence in the vessel may be in the form of an inverted shard or a small mesh, which is necessary to fix the wire.
- If the first three steps have been successfully made – proceed to the next, we have more important activities.
- So the fourth step. Transplanting should be quite fast and without any delay. Otherwise sensitive roots can suffer due to exposure to air and sunlight, which can not tolerate exposure.
- Step Five. Lift the plant, at the same time hold the tree. At the same time spend outside the walls of the pot with a sharp object (ideally – a knife), not to damage the root system, and carefully removed from the vessel, in the presence of ground soil.
- Step Six. Earth, which was protruding bonsai should be reduced by one third of the entire volume.
- Step Seven. During the time that the plant is not in the usual container, be sure to remove the diseased roots, which can further spread the infection, and healthy part of the root system slightly shortened (after cutting the main roots of the cut surface should be facing down).
- Step Eight. At the bottom of a prepared pot to pour a small amount of the prepared soil mixture and transfer to a miniature tree, while carefully observe that the roots are in a relaxed position.
That is, strictly speaking, the whole process. During a period of direct represented plants have developed some special practical tips that help to fulfill the quality pikirovochny process. Therefore, let us consider the practical rules.
What location in the vessel must be followed for the transplant:
- In the case of the dive the Japanese representative to the vessel, which has a circular, square or polygonal shapes – bonsai room (often cascade or semi-cascade type) is practiced in the heart (also applies for vessels with high walls).
- Transplanting plants in a rectangular or oval pot going a little further from the center, to be exact – a few centimeters from the line that crosses the center.
Note: If the type of bonsai refers to the asymmetric, the plant needed a little push to the edges of the walls, and if the miniatures is symmetrical – the location of the tree is clearly at the center line.
The root system should not be placed too high up to the surface of the dirt soil, and the roots themselves are at a level of visibility. There are cases with a bonsai that has a weak root system, therefore it is necessary to strengthen the roots with a simple wire that is fixed under a bushel, but secured through the entire pot, which must necessarily be a drain hole.
The last act that establishes the whole process of transplantation is to fill the entire container dirt soil. If the plant confidently and properly fixed, it is necessary to fill in all the earth, previously cooked, mix. Next, pour the land is fixed between the root system and in the area of the wall. For submission to the current practice to use your fingers or a small wooden stick. Now, the plant requires careful watering, watering bonsai is necessary as long as the water does not pour into the drain hole. Once, a Japanese miniature put in a place where the lighting is quite good (but not in sunlight), and before this is worth checking out, whether there is a new place trees drafts. That’s all. Within 120-150 days it begins to form a completely different system of roots – healthy and ready for further development of bonsai plants.